An open letter to my Lord and Savior.
I want to use this opportunity of Easter 2021 to thank you for all you did.
When I think of how we humans are and the many traits we exhibit, which you were also prone to, I cannot but marvel at you. You are amazing!
I want to specifically thank you for five things:
- Thank you for not procrastinating, as a son of man, you were prone to every temptation, but you chose to rise above each and every of them.
(For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. –Hebrews 4:15)
- Thank you for not changing your mind on us. You had the power to refuse to lay down your life, but you chose not to use it, rather you gave your life for an ungrateful, reckless lot like us
(No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.- John 10:8)
- Thank you for submitting your will to the Father’s. You were obedient to the core.
( Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. Luke 22:42 )
- Thank you for showing us that indeed Purpose precedes creation. And that fulfilling it is all that really matters inthis Kingdom.
(He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.- 1John 3:8 )
- Thank you for being the golden example. You showed us that the glory ahead is indeed worthy of the present suffering and persecution. (Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.- Hebrews 12:2)
You are an embodiment of grace, love, strength, compassion.
Gentle yet mighty
The lamb and the lion
The beginning and the ending
My Healer, My Helper
My Intercessor, My Advocate
My Defender, my Avenger
My unending cycle of life.
I love and celebrate you greatly.
Your beloved Princess,
N.B: Feel free to sign your name. Glory! Alleluia!